Saturday, September 02, 2006

Estimating the Value of Your House

I am not counting my home toward retirement savings. However, it is still interesting to know how much my home is worth. I hate those sites that require one to submit an e-mail address to get the information. In the past year, a new site, Zillow.com, was developed and it provides free housing value information without registrations.

Overall, the site works well. My home value is still close (+/- 10% over the past year) to what I paid for it in 2003. In some areas, Zillow can only provide tax valuation, which is much lower, verus market valuation. However, they expect to correct that outage over time.

So now we can watch the rise and fall our home values as easily as checking daily stock prices.

This is not financial or real estate advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2006 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: