Saturday, January 27, 2007

Copyright Protection - Full Feeds Disabled

Recently a new website has been republishing the full content feeds of personal finance blogs without contacting some of the authors for permission. Unfortunately, the content of My Wealth Builder is one of the blogs being republished without such permission. To remedy the situation, I am changing to partial feeds, which will limit the website's ability to republish the entire post. My apologies for this inconvenience to regular readers of the full feeds.


Turning Lemons to Lemonade


While the actions of this website caused concern at first, my creativity training enables me to look for the positive aspects of the situation :-)

Imitation is a form of flattery. I am flattered that My Wealth Builder is considered worthy enough to be republished. In August, 2006, when I started posting, My Wealth Builder had only one reader, me.

My Wealth Builder will get more readers. The new website will serve as an aggregrator of content. Because only partial feeds of My Wealth Builder will be shown on the new website, readers will need to go to My Wealth Builder to get the full content.

New work is created for enterprising lawyers. The copyright space is one that is being redefined constantly with technological advances, (e.g. Napster, Google Books, YouTube etc.) I expect that in the future, this will become an area of evaluation. To note, I am not an attorney and I am not planning to take any legal action.


For more Reflections and Musings, check back every Saturday for a new segment.


Photo Credit: morgueFile.com, Clara Natoli

This is not financial advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2007 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: