My idea is a new advertising model based on paying with food. Here's how it will work:
- Restaurants will register as advertisers.
- Bloggers will post affiliate links that provide exclusive specials and coupons for the restaurants.
- Customers click on the links and print out coupons.
- When the coupon is used, the blogger will get a credit, good towards food at that restaurant. When there are sufficient credits, a gift certificate to the restaurant is mailed to the blogger.
The name of this new program will be the Dine Out Ads. Here are the reason I think this may work:
- Bloggers will be promoting the restaurants in their area which they frequent. The compensation will be in the form of a gift certificate for the restaurant. A blogger would not likely promote a restaurant they did not like.
- Bloggers can click on their own ads and use the coupons. Novice bloggers often click their own ads before they realize it is prohibited in some other advertising programs. This program would legitimatize clicking on one's own ads since restaurants would still benefit if the blogger used the coupon.
- Restaurants only pay for clicks that result in paying customers. Since the payment for the ad is made only after the coupon is used, the restaurant knows the advertising cost for each customer converted.
Since this is still an idea in development, I'll let readers know if Applebee's, Chili's, Ruby Tuesday's, or other casual national chain restaurants contact me:-)
Photo Credit: Applebee's Inc.
Copyright © 2007 Achievement Catalyst, LLC