Thursday, May 14, 2009

The Death of Contemporaries

I realize that my generation is now old, as funerals for contemporaries are increasing. To me, a contemporary is a person that I worked with closely or played on the same competitive sports team. For a long time, funerals were either for friends of parents or parents of friends. However tomorrow, I will be attending the second funeral for a contemporary in the last three years.

He was a rugby teammate from a group I joined in my twenties. Back then we were indestructible, and death was the least of our concerns. He passed away last Saturday, while waiting for a transplant.

It's become clear that our mortality is no different from those who were older than us.

For more on Crossing Generations, check back every Thursday for a new segment.

This is not financial or social advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2009 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: