Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Timeless Articles from the Archives #2

It's been over four years since I started My Wealth Builder. As I think about topics to write , I often remember, "I've written about that before," and decide to find a new topic. However, since many principles of personal finance are timeless, I want to include them in a recent post on My Wealth Builder. Therefore, I am starting a series called "Timeless Articles from the Archives" that will highlight posts from the same week in 2006-2009.

In the week of 2007, I wrote about Three Ways to Make Money Investing. Even after the recent bear market, I still believe these ways will work in the future. Of course, there is no guarantee :-)

For the week in 2008, I wrote about A Quick Way to Value a Small Business. Two to three times cash flow is the metric and I still use it for an initial evaluation. In Considering Retirement? - Think How Much Then When, I shared an article on the importance of having a retirement savings goal over setting a retirement date. In Will Higher Tax Rates Create More Tax Revenue?, I shared Hauser's Law which shows that higher tax rates will likely reduce tax revenue. Finally, in My Simple Wealth Building Formula, I wrote how our money for spending is what remains after saving and not the reverse.

To me, the content of these posts are still relevant today and were worth reading again.

For more on The Practice of Personal Finance, check back every Wednesday for a new segment.

This is not financial advice. Please consult a professional advisor.


Copyright © 2010 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: