Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Timeless Articles from the Archives #11

It's been over four years since I started My Wealth Builder. As I think about topics to write , I often remember, "I've written about that before," and decide to find a new topic. However, since many principles of personal finance are timeless, I want to include them in a recent post on My Wealth Builder. Therefore, I have started a series called "Timeless Articles from the Archives" that will highlight posts from the same week in 2006-2009.

For the week in 2007, I wrote about how Five Stages of Retirement which shared results from a study. I have clearly moved the the Reorientation stage. The answer to Is Frugal Living The New Trend? turned out to be "YES!" One of our frugal decisions was If I Won't Use It Frequently, I Don't Buy It. I also posted our insights from being a single income family in Being at Home With our Daughter - A Great Choice for Us. Finally, I shared the fourth of the financial freedom series in Our Journey To Financial Freedom #4 - Lifestyle and Spending Choices .

For the week in 2008, I posted Choose Better over More which shared a approach to buying that I read on another blog. After reading an MSNBC.com article, I decided to share my perspective and experience on Money Mistakes with Children. I also noted how the recession exposed Retirement Financial Strategies that Didn't Pass a Bear Market Test. Finally, I reported that people were once again recognizing risk in Return to Investment Normalcy.

For the week in 2009, I posted The Benefit of not Including Bonuses in our Budget which described how this approach helped us live below our means and retire in our forties.

To me, the content of these posts are still relevant today and were worth reading again.

For more on The Practice of Personal Finance, check back every Wednesday for a new segment.

This is not financial, retirement, lifestyle, parenting or saving advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2010 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: