Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Timeless Articles from the Archives #8

It's been over four years since I started My Wealth Builder. As I think about topics to write , I often remember, "I've written about that before," and decide to find a new topic. However, since many principles of personal finance are timeless, I want to include them in a recent post on My Wealth Builder. Therefore, I have started a series called "Timeless Articles from the Archives" that will highlight posts from the same week in 2006-2009.

For the week in 2006, I shared some of my Personal Finance Success Insights from reading other blogs. I also wrote Saving Time - Trust Your Bank's Math on why I just confirm if the bank entries are correct to balance my checkbook.

For the week in 2007, I wrote about ways to Exercise for Free instead of joining a health club. Disclosure: In 2008 we joined a health club at my company because we pay only when we use it. On October 2, 2007, I retired from my company. The next day I posted Achieving Financial Freedom - I've Retired In My Forties and Today is The First Day of The Rest of My Life. I wrote Lessons From My Dad - Encouragement which shared how my dad always there for me during my tough times. Finally, I started a 10 part series on how we achieve financial freedom with the first installment of Our Journey To Financial Freedom #1: Our Childhood Preparation .

For the week in 2008, I wrote Weapons of Wealth Destruction which shared three factors that can destroy one's wealth. In Income from Earning or Financial Assets I wrote about Professor Moshe A. Milevsky's concept of retirement savings being a process of converting earned income into financial assets. In Gave in to Temptation - Now Buyer's Remorse, I shared my worst investment of the past few years -- buying bank stocks the day before the TARP bill passed in Congress.

For the week in 2009, I shared Reflections on Two Years of Early Retirement which concluded early retirement was worth doing despite the financial challenges of 2008-2009.

To me, the content of these posts are still relevant today and were worth reading again.

For more on The Practice of Personal Finance, check back every Wednesday for a new segment.

This is not financial, parenting, retirement or health advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2010 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: