Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Timeless Articles from the Archives #26

It's been over four years since I started My Wealth Builder. As I think about topics to write , I often remember, "I've written about that before," and decide to find a new topic. However, since many principles of personal finance are timeless, I want to include them in a recent post on My Wealth Builder. Therefore, I have started a series called "Timeless Articles from the Archives" and am highlighting posts from the same week in 2007-2010.


2007

Retirement Planning - A Staged Approach - Before the housing crash, here's how I was integrate home ownership into our retirement planning. Even after the housing crash, it will till work for us.

Lessons From The Poker Table - On weekends in college, I regularly played poker. The lessons I learned in poker were very applicable to my career and life.

Don't Get Talked Into Bad Deals - How does one avoid getting talked into bad deals? Here are some ways I use.


2008

Retired Life - A Four Month Report Card - Here was my perspective on how we were doing.

Risk Management Applied To Personal Finance - Here are some of the ways I apply risk management to our personal finances.

Delayed Gratification - A Foundational Life Skill - The ability to delay gratification appears to be a good indicator of potential for life success.


2009

Reduce Spending without Sacrificing Lifestyle #2 - Buy Below Regular Price - Our second step in tightening our belts was to buy below the regular price.

Early Retirement - Time Gains Outweigh Financial Losses - If I had to do it over again, I'd still retire early.


2010

Tickets for Super Bowl XLV - Here's how to enter a lottery for Super Bowl tickets.

To me, the content of these posts are still relevant today and worth reading again.

For more on The Practice of Personal Finance, check back every Wednesday for a new segment.

This is not financial, career, investing, retirement or saving advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2011 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: