Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Timeless Articles from the Archives #27

It's been over four years since I started My Wealth Builder. As I think about topics to write , I often remember, "I've written about that before," and decide to find a new topic. However, since many principles of personal finance are timeless, I want to include them in a recent post on My Wealth Builder. Therefore, I have started a series called "Timeless Articles from the Archives" and am highlighting posts from the same week in 2007-2010.


2007

Fixing Things Myself (and Saving Money) - Total saved was $141.50, not including tax. Not bad for one week of handling my own repair work, which I sometimes enjoy doing since I am an engineer.


2008

I Want To Owe Taxes - Personally, I prefer to owe a little bit of tax..

Get Ready For The Second Act And More - Just one great idea is not good enough.

Simple Pleasures In Retirement - While working, it was easy for me to forget to relax and have fun. It was easier work hard and spend money to have fun, i.e. the work hard, play hard approach. In retirement, I have tried to break away from this syndrome and invest in more relaxation time for myself.


2009

The Mind Stays Young - To me, the hardest thing about getting older is that the mind ages much slower than the body.

My Lower Tolerance for Corporate Bureaucracy - My main bureaucracy complaint is that the corporate headquarters develops programs that sound good to management (theory), but are one notch below stupid when executed (practice) with the client, which is the interface I work.

2010

Why We Chose a 30 Year Mortgage - For our most recent mortgage in 2003, we were weighing the pros and cons of a 15 year versus a 30 year mortgage.

Six Reasons to Consider Consulting a Tax Advisor - I think there are six situations when it may be worth consulting a tax advisor, because of the complexity of interpreting the tax laws.


To me, the content of these posts are still relevant today and worth reading again.

For more on The Practice of Personal Finance, check back every Wednesday for a new segment.

This is not financial, tax, career, investing, retirement or saving advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2011 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: