Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Timeless Articles from the Archives #36

It's been over four years since I started My Wealth Builder. As I think about topics to write , I often remember, "I've written about that before," and decide to find a new topic. However, since many principles of personal finance are timeless, I want to include them in a recent post on My Wealth Builder. Therefore, I have started a series called "Timeless Articles from the Archives" which highlights posts from the same week in 2007-2010.


2007

Deferred Income Can Significantly Help Retiring Early   - For me, having deferred compensation may be a key enabler to retiring in my forties. Of course, there is always a downside risk that the stock options will expire worthless, if the company does not do well.

Would I Do The Expat Assignment Again?   - Knowing what I know now, the answer is absolutely yes.

Being A Big Kid - Frugal Entertainment    -   Not only is playing like a kid fun, it also can be very inexpensive.


2008

Teach A Child To Become A Millionaire      -  Start saving early and use the power of compound interest.

Adjustments In Early Retirement - Here are some of the ones I've experienced, which I did not expect.



2009

None


2010

A Gift of Opportunity  - When I was a child, our family didn't have much. However, I now know I received something that was much more valuable: opportunity.

Still Learning - A great benefit of early retirement is having the opportunity to learn about professions and businesses through part time work.
To me,the content of these posts are still relevant today and worth reading again.

For more on The Practice of Personal Finance, check back every Wednesday for a new segment.

This is not financial, career, investing, retirement or saving advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2011 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: