Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Timeless Articles from the Archives #44

It's been over four years since I started My Wealth Builder. As I think about topics to write , I often remember, "I've written about that before," and decide to find a new topic. However, since many principles of personal finance are timeless, I want to include them in a recent post on My Wealth Builder. Therefore, I have started a series called "Timeless Articles from the Archives" which highlights posts from the same week in 2007-2010.


2007

My Reasons For Taking An Expat Assignment    -  Promotion (more pay), experience and the location.
 

2008

Being A Good Father     -  Here are my criteria for being a good father.
Is $1 Million Needed To Retire?   -    It depends :-)

2009

More Free Summer Activities for Kids   - In this economy, free is good.

Unexpected Medical Expenses - Another Good Reason for an Emergency Fund      -  Medical costs are generally a part of the reason for insolvency.

Ready for Retirement? - Some Questions Worth Considering - Here are questions a colleague and I considered.

How Taxes are Increasing for the Not-So-Rich  - Surprise! Taxes have increased.

2010

Is $1 Million enough for Retirement?  - Two years later, experts say "no."

Taxing Thoughts - Another unfair way to tax the haves for the have nots :-)


To me, the content of these posts are still relevant today and worth reading again.

For more on The Practice of Personal Finance, check back every Wednesday for a new segment.

This is not financial, retirement, parenting, tax, career or saving advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2011 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: