Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Timeless Articles from the Archives #45

It's been over four years since I started My Wealth Builder. As I think about topics to write , I often remember, "I've written about that before," and decide to find a new topic. However, since many principles of personal finance are timeless, I want to include them in a recent post on My Wealth Builder. Therefore, I have started a series called "Timeless Articles from the Archives" which highlights posts from the same week in 2007-2010.


2007

None
 

2008

Driving Less? Check On Lower Insurance Premiums     -  I lowered my premium by 18.6% after retiring and elminating commuting miles.

Relocating To Reduce Retirement Costs    -   Some states have lower taxes and lower costs of living.  For now, we're not planning to move for these reasons.


2009

Living within our Means - Paying with Cash  - An easy strategy to to get to living within our means.

How Much is Needed to Retire? - Our number was 20 times my salary.  Fortunately, that gave us a margin of safety with the great recession occurred.

Perilous Times have Returned  - The silver lining is that I expect a great economic times to follow :-)


2010

A Promise Kept    -  My parents were able to raise us to adulthood.

Daddy Improvement Areas      -  I'm happy to report improvement in all three areas.

What I Did When Working for Not-So-Great Bosses - Here were my three strategies.


 To me, the content of these posts are still relevant today and worth reading again.

For more on The Practice of Personal Finance, check back every Wednesday for a new segment.

This is not financial, retirement, parenting, tax, career or saving advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2011 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: