Saturday, July 16, 2011

Bad News Fatigue

I finally figured out why I feel so tired every day.   For the past 3.5 years, I feel like I've been hit by the same bad news over and over, again and again, with no end in sight.   Here are some of my major bad news fatigues:



  • Housing Crash Fatigue -  My house is worth less than what I paid for it. It's probably going down further.  Prices won't recover for years.  A home is a poor investment.  Don't use a home as retirement savings. 

  • Weak Recovery Fatigue - Be prepared for a weak, jobless recovery.  Full recovery is going to take 10 or more years. Unemployed for months and not taking a lower paying job.  Companies are making record profits and still not hiring. 


  • Financial Crisis Fatigue.  From underwater mortgages to six figure college debt, there are numerous examples of bad financial decisions that were exposed by the great recession.  The effects of the decisions will be impacting the economy for many years.

  • Yeah, I get it.   It's bad and getting worse.  I just wish I didn't have to hear about it constantly.  

    Occasionally, there should be some good news.  For example, a company for which I do part time work has increased its revenue over 50%.   As a result, the company doubled its workforce with jobs pay twice minimum wage. 

    Now that's the type of good news that would help break the fatigue.
    For more on Reflections and Musings, check back every Saturday  for a new segment.


    This is not financial advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

    Copyright © 2011 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

    No comments: