Thursday, January 19, 2012

Dealing with Unfinished Meals

Our seven year old daughter has always been a picky eater.  For example, she doesn't like brown bananas, egg yolks and a number of other foods.   Sometimes, she won't know she doesn't like something until she sees it or tastes it.  Then, even if she does like the food, she often doesn't finish the serviing.

Her food actions used to irk me a bit.  When I was a child, I ate whatever my mom placed in front of me and I always cleared my plate.  We didn't have the luxury of choosing which food we liked and which food didn't.  The choice was to eat or go hungry.  Also, we were always reminded that there were children in some third world country who would be glad to eat our food.

However, I've come up with a solution to our daughter not finishing her meal 90% of the time.  I now assume that she will leave some food and I save some room to finish her leftovers.  So now there is less waste and I am less annoyed and more full.

For more on Crossing Generations, check back every Thursday for a new segment.

This is not financial advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2012 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: