Monday, February 20, 2012

Reducing Bread and No Eating After Dinner is Working

My weight reduction strategies of Cutting Back on Bread and No Eating After Dinner  seem to be working.  I've lost about 2% since starting about 2 weeks ago. This is a significant change, since I gained about 5% up through September 2011 after I Made my College Freshmen Weight in May 2011.  The best part about this "diet" is that I don't feel like I'm dieting...yet. 

Reducing my bread intake was easy once I found out that two slices of bread was equal to about 10% of the daily requirement of sodium.  I have been avoiding adding salt to my food since I know many processed foods have a high level of salt.  However, I didn't realized I was getting so much sodium from bread, which doesn't even taste salty.   

Stopping eating after dinner required a little more discipline.  However, each night I'm motivated by the knowledge that I will be able to eat a big breakfast the next day.  As a result, I get up early and energized since I'm hungry.  For reference, I've been eating a large salad for breakfast on most days :-)

My next step is to add an increased level of exercise once the weather warms up a bit.  My plan is to get back into a at least three times per week jogging schedule.

I expect that I will be able to maintain this diet because I am only following it for meals at home.  I'm allowing myself to deviate from the restrictions when eating out and on vacations.  Since I am not completely eliminating bread and eating late from my diet, I won't be tempted to abandon this diet...I think :-)
For more on Strategies and Plans Ideas, check back every Monday for a new segment.

This is not financial or health advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2012 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

1 comment:

Squeezer said...

Have you considered making your own bread? It is fairly easy to do if you buy a bread maker. Usually you can find one a family member isn't using or buy one at a garage sale. You can then make break with a lower salt content. When I watched the "Good Eats" episode on Food Network about making bread, Alton Brown said that a pinch of salt is needed in bread, otherwise it will have a metallic taste.