Thursday, March 01, 2012

The Joy of Nearsightedness

I've been nearsighted most of my life.  However, I didn't start wearing glasses until I started driving at age 16.  I never wore glasses for sports and started wearing contacts for when I was 26.  Throughout my life, I have always felt my eyesight was handicap.  Until now.

My spouse has always had perfect 20/20 vision.  She has never needed glasses.  Well, until now.  She now needs reading glasses for close vision.  So now she has to adjust to wearing glasses when she has never needed them before.  In addition, she needs to wear glasses when ever she reads or works with small objects.

For me, my eyesight is now perfect for reading and close vision work.  I no longer need glasses when I read a book or work on the computer, which is what I do for most of the day.  In fact, I now need to wear reading glasses when wearing contacts, but I feel my close vision is much better without any corrections.  Therefore, I no longer wear contacts except on days when I am doing activities that require mostly long distance vision, like sports or driving.

I never would have guessed that some health things get better with age :-)

For more on Crossing Generations, check back every Thursday for a new segment.


This is not financial or health advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2012 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: