Sunday, March 11, 2012

On Dying

"The act of dying is one of the acts of life." ~ Marcus Aurelius

How Doctor's Die was an interesting story about how many doctors choose less versus more medical treatment for their own end of life situtions.

I used to think that I would do what ever was needed to extend my life, even taking extradordinary measures.  After the death of my mom and dad, I've changed my mind.  My dad died after a three month coma, extaended hospital stay, and a short nursing home stay.  My mom died after five years in a nursing home. 

I'm sure now that I no longer want heroic measures taken to prolong my life.  To me quality is much more important than quantity.  A few high quality months would be of greater value than several low quality years. All the more reason to live life by  making every moment count.

For more on New Beginnings, check back every Sunday for a new segment.

This is not financial advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2012 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: