Thursday, June 13, 2013

At My Eighth Grade Weight

I've  voluntarily been on a strict diet for about six months to help reduce the plaque buildup in my arteries.  Based on Dr. Ornish's book, Program for Reversing Heart Disease, the diet also led to a 15% loss of weight even though I was eating as much I wanted.  For the diet, I am not allowed to eat animal products except for egg whites and non-fat milk products.   In addition, I follow the rules on no added oils, no nuts and seeds, no avocados and olives,  and no caffeine.  I have chosen no alcohol for now, even though the diet allows a single serving per day.  In March, my weight was a little above my eighth grade weight.

Last month, I added elements to the diet from Caldwell Esselstyn's book, Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease: The Revolutionary, Scientifically Proven, Nutrition-Based Cure, which additionally does not allow egg whites or non-fat dairy, but seems to allow seeds and olives.   However, I decided to continue not eating seeds and olives.

Since following the restictions in both diets, I've lost more weight and am now at my eighth grade weight.

Based on the ideal height weight charts, I'm still above the minimum value in the weight range by about 2-3%.  So my goal is to maintain or gain a little weight. 

Disclosure:  No compensation was received for this post.  If  Program for Reversing Heart Disease or Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease is purchased through the above Amazon.com link, I may receive compensation as an Amazon affiliate member.

For more on Crossing Generations, check back every Thursday for a new segment.

This is not financial or health advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2013 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: