- 50% of Americans live in a household that receives government benefits
- 18% of the population receives some form of Social Security payment
- 5.4% of the civilian workforce ages 25 to 64 that are on Social Security disability, which is up from 1.7% from the 1970s
- 21 million out of 114 million households receive earned income credit
- 22 million households or 48 million people are on food stamps.
For reference, there are 316 million people and 114 million households in the U.S.
For more on Reflections and Musings, check back every Saturday for a new segment.
This is not financial advice. Please consult a professional advisor.
Copyright © 2013 Achievement Catalyst, LLC