Thursday, August 15, 2013

On Borrowed Time

Our daughter will soon turn 9.  Sadly, I realize half the time our daughter will be living with us has also passed. If she is like me, she'll be leaving to attend college when she is 18.  After that she'll only see us at Christmas and summers. Once she starts working, we'll likely see her only during the holidays.

This summer, it dawned on me that our children are only lending us the first 18 years of their lives to share. And I want to make the most of the time that I have remaining.  It doesn't feel it will be long before our daughter has moved out and is in college.

For more on Crossing Generations , check back every  Thursday  for a new segment.

This is not financial or parenting advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2013 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: