Monday, September 28, 2015

Patience

Since July, whenever I purchase a stock, I could have gotten a cheaper price if I had waited a month, a week or even a couple of days.  It seems that stock prices keep going lower.   Either it's time to start shorting stocks, or I should be more patient.

For now, I will choose patience.  So I've added two rules to my purchase strategy.   First, wait until the dividend yield crosses into the next higher whole number, e.g. transition from 4% to 5% yield.  Second, I will only make one stock purchase each day.  This way I will limit the number of stocks that fall after I make a new purchase.

However, if the market continues to fall, I may choose to also short some stocks.

For more on Strategies and Plans, check back Mondays for a new segment.

This is not financial advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2015 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: