Sunday, July 31, 2016

Make or Break Tuesday

My company announces earnings on Tuesday before the market open.   I have a vested interest since I hold employee stock options that expire 1-1/2 months.   If the earnings report exceeds expectations, I may get a nice bonus.  If the earnings disappoint, I'll have to settle for less, maybe much less.

I fully expect my company to disappoint.  It would take a small miracle for the company results to beat expectations. Therefore,  I should sell on Monday prior to the earnings announcement.

However, I plan to take the George Costanza approach of doing the opposite.  So I am going keep my stock options until after earnings.

For more on  New Beginnings, check back Sundays for a new segment.

This is not financial advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2016 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: