Monday, January 09, 2017

Selling into the Possible Biotech Rally

Biotech stocks, which have beaten down over the past couple years, seem to make a selective comeback.   Over the past few weeks, I've had a few biotech stocks pop 15-25% in one day.  In absolute terms, the gains are small, since many have low single digit prices.

Over the years, I have dollar cost averaged down on several positions.  As the biotech resurgence is taking place, I will use the opportunity to sell the lower priced shares at a profit, while holding the high cost shares for longer term gains.

That way I will reduce my cost basis for positions I keep, mitigating the downside pain if the biotechs should fall again.

For more on Strategies and Plans, check back Mondays  for a new segment.

This is not financial advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2017 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: