Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Ways I Buy Stocks Cheaper

With the market reaching all time highs, good stock buys are getting more difficult to find.  Here are some ways that I use to buy stocks I want at lower prices:
  • Sell out of the money naked or cash secured puts.  Selling a put is an obligation to buy 100 shares of a stock at the strike price. If I like a stock now, selling a put gives me the possibility to buy the stock at a lower price.  If the stock doesn't fall, I profit from the the put premium
  • Wait for a pullback in the stock.  Stocks fluctuate.  I like to wait for a decline instead of chasing a stock. 
  • Wait for a pullback in the market.   Markets fluctuate.   I try to discipline myself to make some buys when the market declines.
Of course, the risk is that the stock (or the market) doesn't fall to my buy price and I don't get the stock.  But that is a risk I am willing to take.

For a guaranteed lower price, some people can also buy their own company stock at a discount to the current market price.   Unfortunately, I never had this option, or I would have used it.

For more on Ideas You Can Use , check back every Tuesday  for a new segment.

This is not financial advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2017 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: