Monday, July 31, 2017

Switching Cash from Saving Accounts to Short Term CDs

Today I checked CD rates and found one month CDs paying 1% that compares to my brokerage and bank savings accounts paying 0.1%.    So I am switching our cash funds to the short term (one to three month) CDs.  

Yes, I know I can get 1.2 to 1.3% from online savings accounts.  For simplicity, I don't want to open another savings account at a different institution.  So my second best option is just to invest in CDs, which mature in a short time so that the cash always available.

I never thought I would be excited about getting 1% interest on my short term savings.

For more on Strategies and Plans, check back Mondays for a new segment.

This is not financial or investing advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2017 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: