Wednesday, December 06, 2017

Not Feeling Brilliant

"Don't confuse brains with a bull market." ~ Humphrey Neill

I'm feeling pretty good this year about the growth in our retirement accounts.   However, I realize the returns are due primarily to a great bull market, and not because I made brilliant stock picks.

So rather than put more money in the market, I've been taking a wait and see approach.  If the market continues to decline, I want to wait until there is at least a 10% correction before adding funds.   If the market resumes it's advance, I will continue to take some profits and keep the value of my holdings constant.

So for now, I will continue to wait.

For more on The Practice of Personal Finance, check back Wednesdays for a new segment.

This is not financial or investing advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2017 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: