Thursday, June 07, 2018

A Success Sequence

When I was growing up, my parents, especially my mom, emphasized going to college, getting a good job and getting married before having kids.  Recently, I read that doing it in this order is has been called a success sequence, based on research by the Brookings Institute.

Actually, the Brookings Institute study specified graduating from high school, so I guess my parents were a little ahead of their time.

Anyway, I hope to instill the same sequence in the minds of our kids.  While, it does not guarantee success, it sure does improve the probability.

For more on Crossing Generations, check back every Thursday for a new segment.

This is not financial or parentingadvice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2018 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: