Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Doubling Income is Life Changing

In his book Factfulness, Hans Rosling makes the point that for people in Level 1 of extreme poverty (living on less than $1 per day) a dollar, an increase in income is life changing, noting that a $1 increase income per day would make little difference to people in Level 3 and 4, the upper half.   However, he did comment that a doubling of income for people in these level's would also be life changing.

His comment got me thinking that maybe I need to revise my financial goals to doubling my income over a specific time, say every 10 years on average.  So after 30 years, I would have 8 times my starting income. 

This approach may cause me to rethink our investment strategies.

For more on Ideas You Can Use, check back every  Tuesday for a new segment.

This is not financial or investment advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2018 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: