Saturday, November 17, 2012

9-1/2 Years and 70,000 Miles

I've been driving my truck for almost 10 years and I'm still very happy with it.  It still runs well. I definitely made the right decision not using it for a $4,500 credit in the Cash for Clunkers program.

Overall, the truck is still in excellent shape.  The paint finish is in great condition other the a few dings.   There is no exterior rust.   Other than routine and scheduled maintenance, I've only replaced the tires and front brakes.  In addition, the rear bumper was replaced due to an accident, and the windshield was changed due to a crack caused by a flying pebble on the highway. I hope to get at least five more years before needing to purchase another vehicle.

For reference, my current experience is much better than my first new car purchase in 1980.  The vehicle only lasted about seven years before paint finish went bad and quarter panels were rusting.   In addition, I had replaced the clutch twice, the starter once, and the muffler once by the time it reached 13 years and 130,000 miles.

For more on Reflections and Musings, check back every Saturday for a new segment.

This is not financial or vehicle advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2012 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: