Tuesday, November 27, 2012

The Wealth Builder Carnival #102

Welcome to the one hundred second edition of The Wealth Builder Carnival. The purpose of this carnival is to collect articles from the blogosphere on building, preserving and keeping enough wealth for a comfortable retirement. For reference, I have tried to keep the carnival content tightly focused on wealth building and did not include submissions that were off topic. For reading convenience, the posts are listed with a brief summary or comment by the submitter and organized into seven categories: Earning, Insuring and Protecting, Investing, Living Frugally, Retiring, Saving and Taxes.

And now on to the Carnival.


Earning


Lara Whitmore presents Creative Ways to Make More Money posted at Live Creatively, saying, "Creative passions can be expensive, but there are ways to profit from your talent and continue doing what you love."


Insuring and Protecting


John presents What Do We Really Know About the Underground Market for Stolen Credit Card Info? posted at Wallet Blog, saying, "Could a recently launched project to monitor the sale of stolen credit card data on underground Internet forums in real time be the answer to controlling credit card fraud? Who knows. But it sounds like a good start!"

John Schmoll presents Be an Advocate For Your Own Health Care posted at Frugal Rules, saying, "Visiting the doctor can be an uncomfortable experience for many people. One of the main reasons is due to the high cost of health care. With a little due diligence and homework there are ways you can lower your bill and be a more informed patient at the same time."


Investing


Dividends4Life presents This Dividend Stock Delivers the Bacon In More Ways Than One posted at Dividend Growth Stocks, saying, "The company was founded by John F. Baugh in 1969. It went public on March 3, 1970, and is the only publicly traded company of its kind in the U.S. Fortune Magazine in its May 21, 2012 issue ranked the company as the 7th largest Fortune 500 Company in Texas, the 69th largest in America, the largest non-oil related company with headquarters in Houston and the 3rd largest non-oil related company headquartered in Texas, behind AT&T and Dell. Who is this company? It is..."


Living Frugally


Nick presents The Cheapest Smartphone Service Plan in the U.S. ($19 per month) posted at Making It in Today's Economy, saying, "Many people are shocked when I tell them that my smartphone’s service bill—which includes unlimited texting and unlimited data—is $25 per month. That rate, by Virgin Mobile, isn’t available anymore, but the good news is that you can still purchase a $35 per month plan from Virgin or an even cheaper, $19 per month plan from Republic Wireless."

harry campbell presents Why I Prefer to Make My Own Black Friday Deals posted at Your Personal Finance Pro - Personal Financial Advice for Young Professionals, saying, "I’d much rather sit back in the comfort of my own home and shop online. And I say this, living in 60 degree winter weather; I can’t even imagine what it’s like to wait in line at 6 am when it’s literally freezing cold outside. But whether I find a deal on eBay or my favorite retailer Amazon, I can compare prices, use coupons and get free 2 day shipping(thank you prime!) all from the comfort of my reclining couch. This type of shopping might not be appealing to everyone but it definitely works for me. I’m the type of shopper who will only go somewhere with the intent of buying. I don’t like to browse too much, that’s a waste of my time. Instead, if I have an item in mind, I’ll figure out the cheapest price and go buy it. Sometimes these impulsive decisions don’t work out but generally I’ve been very happy with the purchases I’ve made."

Moyo presents How to save some money posted at Moyomamora- Inspiration, Motivation & Challenge to Exceed Higher Goals In Christ, saying, "Here are a few tips that will help you save some money and increase the resources you have to pay down debt."


Retiring


Super Saver presents Letting Go of Work In Retirement posted at My Wealth Builder, saying, "My views on work have changed since taking early retirement."


That concludes this edition. Submit your blog article to the next edition of The Wealth Builder Carnival using our carnival submission form. Past posts and future hosts can be found on our blog carnival index page.

Technorati tags: , .  

For more on Ideas You Can Use, check back every Tuesday for a new segment.

This is not financial, earning, insuring, investing, living, retiring, saving, tax, or wealth building advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2012 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

1 comment:

Shawn James said...

Thanks to share some good blog posts here with us. It is really useful to read different topic post at one place. Even, I am familiar with harry campbell's blog. I am awaiting for some more blog posts.