Friday, November 30, 2012

Wish I Could Retire from Doing Taxes

Retiring has enabled me to stop doing many activities such as getting up early and commuting to work.  However, there are some activities from which I won't get to retire.

I filed our 2011 tax return a couple of months ago since I applied for an extension.   Although we got a large refund, I didn't enjoy doing the return.  I had to learn a lot of rules that have no useful purpose except to complete our tax return to get our refund.  Our tax return is actually more complicated than before I retired. 

Even many of the 47% who pay no federal income tax have to file a tax return is order to pay zero taxes.  So I guess it's wishful thinking to hope for not doing a tax return since I expect to always have some taxable income every year.

For more on Reaping the Rewards, check back every Friday  for a new segment.

This is not financial  or tax advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2012 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: