Monday, April 30, 2007

Back In The Stock Market

On Friday, April 20, 2007, the 153 point rise in the stock market convinced me that the short term market decline was over. A few readers are probably asking, "Duh, what took you so long to figure it out?" In the past, I would have decided much sooner. However, nowadays, I wait a bit longer for a firmer confirmation, since I believe this is a very choppy market. I still believe that a correction will occur this year, and will be watching out for any indication of a downturn.

Using a modified Unemotional Investor Growth stock picking system, the following stocks are on my buy list.


My Wealth Builder Buy List
StockPurchase DateNumber of SharesPrice
Cognizant Technology (CTSH)
Coach (COH)
Avnet (AVT) 4/20/07

200

$38.11
C. B. Richard Ellis (CBG)4/20/07

200

$36.39
Albemarle (ALB)


My purchases of Avnet (AVT) and C. B. Richard Ellis (CBG) have had mixed results. AVT is higher at $40.90 and CBG is lower at $33.85 at the market close today. The other three stocks are slightly down since April 20, which is causing some concern that the market is not yet on a confirmed uptrend. However, at this time, I will still be looking to add positions in the other three stocks this week.

For more on Strategies and Plans, check back every Monday for a new segment.

This is not financial advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2007 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: