Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Waiting After Geithner's Testimony to Buy

With the market at 12 - year lows, I started to place buy orders for select stocks yesterday. While I don't know if the market has bottomed, I believe this is a good time to make small additions to existing positions.

I just found out that Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner is testifying before a House Panel today at 12:30 PM. So I'm going to wait until after that event before placing any more orders. It seems every time he speaks, the market responds by declining :-(

For more on Ideas You Can Use, check back every Tuesday for a new segment.

This is not financial or investing advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2009 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am buying too, like you, I don't know whether the market has bottomed out or not, but prices are certainly looking attractive