Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Timeless Articles from the Archives #12

It's been over four years since I started My Wealth Builder. As I think about topics to write , I often remember, "I've written about that before," and decide to find a new topic. However, since many principles of personal finance are timeless, I want to include them in a recent post on My Wealth Builder. Therefore, I have started a series called "Timeless Articles from the Archives" that will highlight posts from the same week in 2006-2009.

2006

Investing 101 - Managing Risk Successfully - To successfully build wealth, one needs to understand the concept of risk and manage it well. Here are my working definitions for risk and how I manage risk.

Six Steps to Creating Personal Wealth - Here are the six steps I used.

2007

How Much is Enough Money? - For us, it was 20 times the expenses for our current lifestyle.

Afraid Of Investing In The Stock Market? - Here's how I get over my fear.

A Safe Car for a New Driver - My plans for a new teenage driver in our family.

Our Journey To Financial Freedom #5 - Setting Goals, Developing Plans and Tracking Progress - The fifth in the financial freedom series.

2008

What I Look for in an Interview - Here were three of my criteria when I was a hiring manager.

Working for Perks - An idea for retirees who are interested in working.

2009

Dollar Cost Averaging Helps Retirement Plans Recover - Contributing during the market decline helped retirement plans recover.

How Bear Markets Can Help Grow Savings - A silver lining to the recent bear market for those just starting to invest.

Reducing Clutter - Shed and Shred Approach - A great idea that has taken longer than expected.

To me, the content of these posts are still relevant today and were worth reading again.

For more on The Practice of Personal Finance, check back every Wednesday for a new segment.

This is not financial, investing, career, parenting or saving advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2010 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

1 comment:

L. Marie Joseph said...

I enjoyed reading What I Look for in an Interview