Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Boycott Monday Night Football

I find it interesting that ESPN pulled Hank Williams, Jr.'s opening from Monday Night Football.  To me, ESPN has every right to do so.  After all, there is probably a clause in the contract that covers it.
 
However, I don't like the fact that a company has that much control an individual's 1st amendment rights.   So I am going to make my small statement to protest:
  1. Boycott Monday Night Football.    This is easy for me to do since I don't have cable.  However, I will expand the boycott to establishments that broadcast Monday Night Football.  In addition, I will boycott establishments that broadcast ESPN.
  2. Boycott Disney.  Since Disney is the parent company of ESPN, we won't include Disney as one of our vaction optioins this year.  Good thing we took our seven year old daughter to Disney last year :-)  In addition, I will not buy any Disney stock.
To note, I don't agree with what Hank Williams, Jr. said.  It's just that I don't think ESPN should have any say in what it's employees say off the job, provided it does not violate any laws.

Finally, this is probably a sneaky way to be frugal :-)    I now have a reason to excuse myself from going to the after hours social events at bars. 
 
For more on Ideas You Can Use, check back every  Tuesday for a new segment.
 
This is not financial, investing ,or social policy advice. Please consult a professional advisor.
 
Copyright © 2011 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: