Monday, October 29, 2012

Voting on Election Day

When I heard about early voting this year, I briefly considered doing so.  That would enable me to cast my vote early and avoid the lines on election day.   However, I soon learned that early voting wasn't faster.  In my county, people actually camped out the night before to be among the first to vote early.  Also, it appears lines may actually be longer during early voting than during election.  See this article about long lines in Florida for early voting.

Early voting should save time for me, not take more time. So I am just going to wait until election day to vote.  I plan to go mid-morning, when the lines and wait are short.

For more on Strategies and Plans, check back every Monday for a new segment.

This is not financial advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2012 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: