Thursday, November 28, 2013

My Reasons to Be Thankful

Happy Thanksgiving!

Personally, I have a lot for which to be thankful.
  • Health - In December 2012, a stress test showed significant arterial blockage in my heart.  In January 2013, I had an angioplasty procedure that put stents in the arteries to open up the blockages.  Thus, the issue was corrected before I had a heart attack.

    I was lucky, since I had only experienced a few minor symptoms before going to see a cardiologists.  Since the blockages were discovered, I changed to a vegan, no added oil diet and have lost about 35 pounds.  This diet change should help reduce the probability of a future heart attack.

  • Family -  In April 2013, we received an adoptee referral for an application we filed in November 2006.  After almost 7 years since applying, we traveled to China and adopted a health 11 month old boy.   So our family size is now four, a bit later than we had planned.

  • Finances -  With the stock market gains of 2013, we have recovered all of our losses due the 08-09 bear market.  In addition, we have paid off our mortgage.  So we are in a better financial position that when I retired in 2007.  However, this time I won't be as naïve and will take more precautions against a significant market decline.
  • Hopefully, 2014 will be as good a year.

    This is not financial advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

    Copyright © 2013 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

    No comments: