Saturday, October 13, 2018

The End ... or The Beginning?

I am getting more concerned about a significant decline in the stock market occurring.  Part of the concern is data based due negative market trend of the past two weeks.   However, I admit part of the concern is emotional since our only income is based on investment returns.  So any declines in our investments are causing anxiety.

The rational part of me says stay invested in the market.   The economy is good and there are no reasons to expect an imminent recession.   The decline is a correction and the market will likely begin another advance.

The emotional part of me says I need to protect my retirement savings.   Having lived through the 08/09 bear market market, I don't want to risk such a loss again, which was about 40-50%.  The decline may be the beginning of a brutal bear market.

So is this the end of a great bull market or the beginning of the next leg up?  Right now I am torn and can go either way.  We'll see how this week goes.

For more on Reflections and Musings, check back every Saturday for a new segment.

This is not financial, investment or retirement advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2018 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: