Monday, December 17, 2018

Selling the Bounce

If a recession is forthcoming, as the stock market seems to indicate,  we are probably already in a bear market.  However, there can be significant rallies even in a bear market.  So as a precaution, I plan to sell a portion of our holdings with each market advance.   If I'm wrong, I will still have core holdings that will gain.  If I'm right, I'll be taking some profits that will offset the losses in the core holdings. 

I'll know by the end of 2019 if this was the right strategy, or if I should have just kept a buy and hold approach.

For more on Strategies and Plans, check back every Monday for a new segment.

This is not financial or investment  advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2018 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: