Wednesday, April 03, 2019

Sell High

While the market was falling in late 2018, I was buying.   I even made some purchases on theday of the bottom, December 24, 2018.   Despite the recent rebound in the stock market, I'm not putting any more money into stocks.  In fact, this is probably the time to take some profits and rebalance.  Remember the Wall Street adage:   Buy low and sell high.

So I'm selling some of my holdings that I bought in late 2018.   Some stocks are up as much as 80% and some indices are up as much as 20% since I bought them, in only 3-5.   Not a bad return....

Of course, I can't do this consistently :-)   So I'm still staying invested in our core holdings, while selling mainly the peripheral holding that were purchased with the intent of trading.

For more on The Practice of Personal Finance , check back Wednesdays for a new segment.

This is not financial or investment advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2019 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: