Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Timeless Articles from the Archives #29

It's been over four years since I started My Wealth Builder. As I think about topics to write , I often remember, "I've written about that before," and decide to find a new topic. However, since many principles of personal finance are timeless, I want to include them in a recent post on My Wealth Builder. Therefore, I have started a series called "Timeless Articles from the Archives" and am highlighting posts from the same week in 2007-2010.


2007

When AMT Tax Is Triggered - Stop and Delay Deductions - The reason is that once the AMT tax is activated, additional AMT preference deductions have ZERO impact on one's tax liability.


2008

Creating Great Childhood Memories - I feel the fun times with my parents were the best. I still remember playing horsey, flying kites, ice skating, and fishing with my dad. I remember reading books and imagining about growing up with my mom.


2009

Reduce Spending without Sacrificing Lifestyle #5 - Enjoy What You Already Have - Our fifth, and final, approach is to enjoy what we already have instead of buying more stuff.

Successful Dieting Really Hasn't Changed - No matter the diet, what's really important is restricting the calories.

The Story of Two Envelopes - A funny leadership story.

Stocks Fall to 12 Year Lows - I almost picked the bottom. Unfortunately, I only bought a few stocks.


2010

How Living Only on Base Salary Funded our Early Retirement - Here were the compensation elements that we did not include in our spendable income.

A New Paradigm for Home Ownership - A home is no longer a guaranteed appreciating investment.

DIY Home Repairs that Saved Us Money - Because of easy Internet access to drawings, I was able to do my own repairs on appliance that previously would have required a service call.

To me, the content of these posts are still relevant today and worth reading again.

For more on The Practice of Personal Finance, check back every Wednesday for a new segment.

This is not financial, tax, career, investing, retirement or saving advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2011 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: