Thursday, March 24, 2011

Was I Ever that Green?

"Was I ever that green?" ~ a comment I made about new hires.

Although I don't admit it, the answer is yes. However, I now know what many new hires don't know yet. And perhaps will never know. Sometimes I just want look them in the eye and impart the wisdom that has taken me decades to obtain. But I don't. I know they will just think of me as an old fuddy duddy that is out of touch with the world :-) Or they simply believe that they are just plain smarter than me.

I'm glad to provide perspective if anyone should ask. But in most case, I let the new hires learn the old fashion way, through experience.

For more on Crossing Generations, check back every Thursday for a new segment.

This is not financial advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2011 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: