Sunday, April 03, 2011

No More Procrastinating (on Taxes)

"Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task." ~William James
 
Every year I get my tax return mostly done, file for an extension and complete it just before the second due date of October 15.   I justify the delay by saying that I won't get a refund since I have already paid the amount due by April 15. During that time, the responsibility of finishing the tax return continues to be a burden.   

This year, we will get a significant refund.  In fact, due to refundable tax credits, our refund will be more that the amount we had withheld.  Thus, I have more incentive to file on time for our 2010 tax return.

However, for me, it's more than just the refund.  I want to be relieved of the burden of thinking about our tax return after April 15.  I want the clutter from taxes on my desk, in my files and in my mind cleared, freeing my spring, summer and fall  for more fun activities.

For more on New Beginnings, check back every Sunday for a new segment.

This is not financial or tax advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2011 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

1 comment:

Jason said...

Just get it done!