Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Timeless Articles from the Archives #34

It's been over four years since I started My Wealth Builder. As I think about topics to write , I often remember, "I've written about that before," and decide to find a new topic. However, since many principles of personal finance are timeless, I want to include them in a recent post on My Wealth Builder. Therefore, I have started a series called "Timeless Articles from the Archives" which highlights posts from the same week in 2007-2010.


2007

How To Retire In My Forties - Here were our three must haves.

Ranking One's Net Worth  - One of the most read posts on My Wealth Builder..

The Impact of Inflation  - I calculated the impact of 3 and 5% inflation.

Another Tax Break For Children - Hire One's Own Kids  - Kids cost a lot :-) Might as well get every tax break I can.

2008

Personal Finance Simplification - Brokerage Account Consolidation  - A good plan but I didn't execute it after the higher cost brokerage lowered its fees.

Become A Millionaire  - An example of how compounding interest can help achieve this goal.

Degrees That Lead To A Profession  - With the high cost of a college eduction, getting a job should be a primary objective.



2009

Keeping Records of our Charitable Deductions  - Good record keeping is important.

A Roth Conversion Strategy For a Declining Market - Here's how I try to maximize the tax benefit of a Roth conversion.

Claiming a Parent as a Dependent on a Tax Return -  Here is my understanding of the tax rules.

2010

None

To me, the content of these posts are still relevant today and worth reading again.

For more on The Practice of Personal Finance, check back every Wednesday for a new segment.

This is not financial, career, investing, political, retirement or saving advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2011 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: