I've been holding my "buy the dip" stocks since February 2026, through the ups and downs. I was convinced they were oversold by the AI hype, and that gave me conviction to hold even when the positions went significantly negative.
The stocks were mainly SAAS software stocks, which the Situational Awareness hedge fund was shorting. Recently, Situational Awareness closed out all their shorts, which may be partially responsible for the recent rebound in SAAS software stocks. I believe there is more room to run for the SAAS software stocks and continue to hold. I'd like to see them reach about 80% of their previous all time highs before selling significant amount of shares.
Since I am moving towards simplicity, I will keeping moving towards fewer individual stock positions as the "buy the dip" stock become significantly profitable. This is likely the last time I will purchase "buy the dip" stocks in multiple positions. While it is an adrenaline rush when the positions go up significantly, there is also more anxiety with the likely volatility, that causes me to be more engaged on a daily basis, which is the opposite of simplicity.
This is not financial nor stock investment advice. Please consult a professional advisor.
Copyright © 2026 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments:
Post a Comment