Featured Post

Preparing for Fixed Income Buying Opportunity

Interest rates are going up.   And going up big, it appears.  I'm using the 1980s 10 year treasury interest rates of 15.84%  as referenc...

Monday, August 03, 2026

Fixed Income Vs. Equities In a Crash

With long term interest rates at 5%, I am increasing the amount of funds invested in fixed income. It makes sense to based on a previous analysis I did.

I wrote Fixed Income vs. Equities after a 40% Decline in November 2008 after a 40% in the stock market.  The analysis showed the equities needed to return between from 7-16% annually in order to beat a 5% CD during the same time frame, with higher returns needed for shorter holding periods.

I've already started buying some 20 year Treasuries yielding over 5% with a 5% coupon.   Now, I'm leaning towards TLT and GOVT ETFs as options, since I don't need to manage reinvestment at maturity.

For more on Strategies and Plans, check back every Monday for a new segment.

This is not financial, fixed income, nor investment advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2026 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: