Featured Post

Expecting Higher Long Term Interest Rates

Recently, I was thinking that buying 20 year treasuries yielding 5% was a good option to lock in a good interest rate.  After TLT, the 20+ y...

Thursday, August 13, 2026

Becoming Addicted to Free and Fast Delivery

Many years ago, delivery came at a price that driving to pick up, for me, was more economical.  Even when delivery prices were lowered, I chose to pick up.   Occasionally, I would exceed the minimum for free delivery, which I would take.

Then came Amazon Prime, which offered free delivery for a membership fee.  At first, we did not become a Prime member.  Then our purchases began increasing, making a Prime membership worth it.   The local big box stores started offering free shipping when above a minimum threshold.   Sometimes, there are promotions for completely free shipping or members of the rewards program.

Nowadays, I often don't go the store anymore.  I research on the internet, place my order, and get it delivered in 1-2 days.  Sometimes, there is even free same day delivery.

I don't know if it's because I'm older; I don't like searching in the store; or I don't like the time it takes to drive to the store.  Whatever the reason, I'm using the internet more to buy items and get it delivered.

However, I still don't and I don't plan to order online and get delivery of groceries.  I still prefer to shop and pick out my items for purchase, especially the fresh produce, at least for now.

For more on Crossing Generations, check back every Thursday for a new segment.

This is not financial advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2026 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: