Here are some mindset tips that I have read/seen/heard and like. The first one I've read recently. The other three I have known for a while and try to follow as best I can.
- Love the life you have, not the one you want.
- IMHO, I think this describes me. For example, I drive a 2003 base (manual stick shift) 4.6 liter V-8 F-150. I love the truck and have no interest in replacing it. We've lived in the same house since 2003 and are happy. No jealousy issue with houses of people that are wealthier than us, although we are doing some renovations.
- Don't be afraid to ask for something. If one doesn't ask, the answer is already a "no."
- For large purchases, I always check if there are discounts associated with timing or payment options. This worked for our latest furniture purchase, where a holiday sale was ending soon and a discount given for paying by check instead of credit card. For purchases at craft fairs or farmer's markets, I ask if there discounts for paying cash. Sometmes yes and sometimes no.
- Control what one can control. Don't worry about what one can't control.
- I don't worry about the economy and interest rate changes. Worrying about these factors is a waste, it is what it is. There is nothing I can do. Instead, I think about factors I can control. What I do control is choosing strategies that minimize or benefit from interest rate changes.
- There are spectators and there are participators. Be a participator.
- Spectators regularly offer personal opinions about what others (government, athletes, businesses) should do. Spectators always know better. Participators get involved, do the work and help deliver outcomes.
Of course, YMMV.
This is not financial nor mindset advice. Please consult a professional advisor.
Copyright © 2026 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments:
Post a Comment