Maybe it's my imagination, bad calibration, or alternate reality that I feel:
- Traffic is noticeably worse (crowded, backed up, or slow on highways) than before COVID.
- The percentage of poor and bad drivers is higher than before COVID.
Worse Traffic
Traffic used to be bad from during rush hours (7:30 AM to 9 AM and 4 PM to 5:30 PM) as one would expect due to work. During COVID lockdowns, traffic was free flowing all day long. When people returned to office, traffic was noticeably higher, but not like pre COVID times.
Nowadays, rush hour traffic has expanded to 7 AM to 9:30 AM and 3:30 PM to 6 PM. In addition, traffic is now congested even from 10 AM to 2 PM, but not as much as during rush hour.
What happened to make it worse? I though more people are WFH now?
Worse Drivers
Recently, I've seen much worse driving than before. Speeding, cutting drivers off, almost accidents and actual accidents, despite more advanced safety warning features on new cars. This is an observation on my part and no idea of the cause.
My initial reaction is I need to be more vigilant and careful driving that before and that I have ever been. My secondary reaction is that more tickets should be given out for drivers speeding or cutting off drivers. My third reaction is to drive more back roads to avoid the inevitable rage drivers on highways. My final reaction is to give myself 50% more time than needed and to stay calm during trips.
This is not financial nor driving advice. Please consult a professional advisor.
Copyright © 2026 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments:
Post a Comment