Featured Post

Not Buying Things I Don't Need

2008 Financial Resolution #2: Stop Buying Great Deals by Chief Family Officer is an great financial resolution. It reminded me of the ...

Saturday, August 29, 2026

Stock Market - Too Good to Be True?

"If it's too good to be true, it probably is." ~ old adage

The stock market is at all time highs despite:
  • War with Iran since February 2026.
  • Increasing Inflation
    • Higher oil and gasoline prices
    • Higher food prices
  • Second highest Shiller PE ratio, with the dot.com era being the highest
  • $40 trillion U.S. debt
  • High company layoffs due to AI
Add to that my apparent brilliance:
  • My buy the dip SAAS software stocks are up 20% on average since February 2, 2026, with the biggest gaining up to 145%.
  • My tax loss harvesting strategy of buying first and selling later has worked to my financial advantage almost every time.
  • Recently, all my accounts have achieved all time highs and continuing to rise.
Since the market has been known to be irrational for long periods before, I'm hodling most of my equities, especially those in a taxable account.  However, I am taking the opportunity to scale out of some of my riskier (IMHO) buy the dip stocks, in the interest  of  working towards my goal of simplifying our investments.  

Note:  Specifically, I sold our CRM holding in the tax advantage accounts since it popped 26% on Thursday, August 27, 2026 on good earnings and a partnership with Anthropic.   Even though CRM was up another 3% yesterday, I don't regret the sale.  It's one less stock I need to follow, which is working towards my simplification goal.

For more on Reflections and Musings, check back every Saturday for a new segment.

This is not financial, investing, nor stock investment advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2026 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: